Monday, October 22, 2007

Extending Credit?

Accounts receivable problems was not a big issue for me in my business. In my business I operated in a payment up-front or at the very least, payment at the time of the event.

I didn't have time to run down bad debts. It was pay as you go. But the problem was if somehow someone slipped through the cracks, especially during busy, busy times I may have forever forgotten that they still owed me money. That is not good business!

I've never been one to want to open a business and extend thirty or sixty day credit.
Seems like you are just asking for trouble and unless you enlist the services of a commercial collection agency, you could end up with a real accounts receivable headache, when it comes to meeting your own bills of staying in business.

No comments: