Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Season of Listening

For those who have followed some of my blogs and wondered why there have been so few postings in the last week... my response would be that I have entered a season of silence.

It is no mistake that the Lord created us with two ears and one mouth.

And so in a spirit of silence, I listen for new insights and fresh messages from the Lord. I am overwhelmed by the work of God's hands and need time to integrate that which is happening.
I also wonder: have I mastered the intended lessons of prior seasons or do I have to go through them all over again. Repeating old lessons is not any fun. Why can't I get the lesson and just move on? While some of life's lessons are a breeze to sail through, there are others that shipwreck me every time.

Prayer is and always will be the answer! Prayer requires two ears and one mouth. Perhaps it is because of the simplicity that we can often overlook the divine solution that is available to each of us in every circumstance of our lives.

"Of course I pray!"

"Yes, but did you pray about this?"

Dear Lord,
Thank You for your amazing love! Please help me to remember to ask for your help and your guidance in all of the circumstances of my life and to listen to your response. Please help me to master my life lessons according to your will. In Jesus Name. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(Psalms 46:10) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
E-mail: ROGER459@ATT.NET