Sunday, May 04, 2008

One of the most comforting things I heard spoken in this century was in a church sermon, at a church where I was not a member, and yet on that particular Sunday I felt a call to visit that particular house of worship.

The pastor, a Baptist preacher, said these words: "God never forgets what he is doing with you."

Now some years later, those words that I heard from the pew of a large Baptist dyed-in-the-wool congregation, remain among my most cherished of things heard and understood in a deeply profound way. I truly believe that I was suppose to hear those very words on that particular Sunday and in order for me to hear them I had to step out of my comfort zone and go to a strange church. Has God called you to break from your standard paradigm? Have you heard that whisper in the depth of your interior? Don't be afraid... maybe it is time to get out of the boat and walk hand-in-hand with your savior on the water! dell memory

No comments: