Monday, May 19, 2008

Twenty Wishes...

When I was at Costco the other day I picked up a few good yarns. One of them is titled, "Twenty Wishes" ....

As I go about my morning chores, I think about some of the different characters that bring this story to life.

When an author can develop his or her characters with a depth that gets the reader truly caring about what happens, the author has done a good job in my opinion.

So many times I've read a book and three days later I can not even draw the characters to mind because they simply were not memorable enough. Maybe they didn't seem real. Perhaps they were more like stick figures. Perhaps they lacked an in-depth character development by the author that called me to care about them.

But in this book how can you not care for little Ellen? bathroom lighting

No comments: