Sunday, January 27, 2008

"... see how the flesh grows back across a wound, with a great vehemence, more strong than the simple, untested surface before. There's a name for it on horses, when it comes back darker and raised, proud flesh, is all proud of its wounds, wears them as honors given out after battle, SMALL TRIUMPHS pinned to the chest." ~ Jane Hirshfeld from For what Binds Us

I read this today as I waited on clothes at the laundry. My washer and dryer are not hooked up yet. They sit in their new connectionless space, waiting for the skills of an electrician and plumber to put them back to work.

I discover that washing clothes at a community laundromat is an adventure that passes all too quickly. Life is full of surprises. With an inexplicable eagerness I look forward to my next jaunt to the Havana Coin Laundry. For while there, seeds for stories were sprinkled across the fertile soil of my imagination.

A good cure perhaps for writers block and stagnant sentences.

drug treatment

No comments: