Sunday, January 13, 2008

I recently read an article where the politician being interviewed said that his biggest fear in life was being bored. That comment triggered my imagination as I praised God that I have never really known boredom. The comment stirred me to contemplate what my biggest fear in life is. For several days I simply couldn't come up with any real big fears. I know the reason that I don't have any big fears is because I try to turn everything over to God. If I had to depend on myself, I'd surely be a fearful wreck. But with HIM, I can boldly and fearlessly live out my life hopefully in the way he intended.

Two nights ago I talked with a friend who was in the hospital. Her undaunting attitude of fearlessless amazed me. During our conversation I came face-to face with my greatest fear - 1.)being operated on and 2.) not having health insurance in case something does go wrong with my health. Because of my friends particular situation, she is the recipient of medicare insurance.

As we look at our options for the next president of the United States of America, perhaps we should take a serious look at each candidates stand on health care. I believe that our nation has a health insurance crises brewing that could be avoided by choosing leaders who will make a difference, not just to the bottom lines of big corporations but to the lives of countless millions who start each new day without the safety net of health insurance. It is really a life or death issue. How many new cancer victims go undiagnosed in the early stages simply because they can not afford simple preventative screening.

We need to wake up and focus our agendas on real issues that impact the health, safety and quality of life for our citizens and put the love of money on the far back burner.

No comments: