Thursday, April 26, 2007

Antique Bibles



There is something about antique books, especially when those antique books are of a divine nature.

About three weeks ago I received a box of old family books in the mail. Arriving home from bible study, I was greeted by the welcome box.

Nothing quite compares in my mind to holding in my hand a bible that belonged to my father and to my grandparents, who all long ago departed this world for the heavenly realm.

Will I find the same answers, the same solace in those pages as they did?

Did they ever imagine that I would be the caretaker of those materials one day? Unlike my bible, the pages are not written on. My bible is a bit of a dated chronicle, as I have taken to dating the comments, questions, praises and prayers that I've written in the small margins of the tissue paper pages.

When it is time to buy a gift for a friend or a bride and groom I like to go online and search for bibles or other spiritual, christian or catholic gifts.



Photo Credit: Henkster & SXC

No comments: