Thursday, April 26, 2007

Grandfather Clock Memories

Do you have a grandfather clock?

While I don't own one personally, there is one that has been in my family for several generations.

The chimes of this clock are profoundly tied to my earliest memories. Memories of holiday meals at my grandmother and grandfathers house, memories of playing old Americana games and memories of being so small that other family members had to lift me up to sit on a sofa in my grandparent's beautifully appointed and decorated living room.

Today when I call my dad's widow on the phone, I often hear those chimes in the background. Chimes and memories that pre-date my stepmothers entrance into our families life. She is the current caretaker of this special family heirloom.

While antiquing several years ago with my friend Joe, I discovered a rare grandfather clock.

Do you have a grandfather story that you would like to share? Please add a post!

Photo Credit: D. Lee & SXC

No comments: