Monday, April 09, 2007

Blogging Is My Passion

Once upon a time bloggers didn't make any money for blogging. It was just something you did because you loved doing it.

I have found that with just about every career that I have had in my life, my initial start-up began passionately, but without any compensation. The passion was so great that it really didn't matter that I was not being paid for my time.

Before I became an elementary school teacher, I student-taught and volunteered for free.

Before I became a caterer, I threw countless parties for my friends for free.

Before I became a paid writer, I wrote articles for free.

Before I became a paid blogger, I posted blogs for free.

But bills have to be paid and it is good to receive fair compensation for our labor.

That is why when I read a posting last November to get paid to blog, I jumped on the opportunity! Ever since becoming a paid blogger, I see a paycheck every two weeks for doing something I absolutely love to do!

I've looked at some of the other paid blogging opportunities on the Internet, but they don't seem to compare at all to the one I am already working with. I just wish they would send me more assignments, but with over 200 bloggers now, I guess they have to divvy up the assignments a lot more. I liked it when I was their first blogger, blogging for more assignments than I could count.

No comments: