Monday, April 23, 2007

Fire Insurance

Death insurance is generally not a subject I think a whole lot about. Being a single woman without children or any dependents, I figure why do I need to pay for death insurance!

When I'm gone_ I'm gone.

I'm far more concerned about eternity insurance or fire insurance. I want to spend out my eternity in Heaven. So I try to live out my current days in a way that hopefully will send me upward to the pearly gates, rather than tossed down into the lake of fire when my time on this earth expires.

Best I can tell... eternity is forever. This time, spent on earth, is but only a yawn in relationship to the bigger picture. Have you ever thought that this journey through our earthly existence is only a "test"? Perhaps we are being tested by the almighty to see whether we have the heart to join HIM in Heaven. For that reason I gladly say, "Lord, your will! Not mine. I want to spend out all of my days in the presence of the Creator."

No comments: