Friday, March 16, 2007

Like a Parachute Floating Through The Stratosphere

Trace from Vendor House has been sending me frequent e-mail about owning my own Vendor House Christian store. While I enjoyed the opportunity and experience of owning my Agape Cove Bookstore with Spread The Word Ministries, the truth was I really engaged in the opportunity because of my writing. Through that time frame, I discovered that I much rather preferred promoting products than selling them. It is true I hate to sell anything. But yet I love promoting products. Go figure!

Some exciting news is that a new editorial opportunity might be on the horizon for me where I will be able to oversee and impact the editorial direction of a new publication. I'll keep you posted!

On November 10, 2002 I wrote the following entry into the first page of a Prayer and Answers Journal that I had just purchased from the local Christian store:

"If this is your will, Father God, please connect me in an extraordinary way to a Christian magazine that glorifies you on every page, story and advertisement. Father God please make that magazine lead a hurting world to you. Who will carry the words of the Lord to them?" "Here I am. Send me!"

While many of the other prayers posted in the journal, have answers also posted, this one does not. But I recognize that the Lord's orchestration has indeed been present since 2002, leading me step-by-step closer to the manifestation of that petition. Since 2002, I closed my catering business and engaged in full-time writing. For more than a year I have worked for a regional magazine in the dreaded position of advertising sales, but I've also had the opportunity to see how a magazine works and to write some articles for the publication. Since last May I've been writing a regular newspaper column, too. The column is something that indeed brings me great satisfaction and has helped me to become more focused.

With a mind that opens like a parachute floating through the stratosphere, learning to focus tightly is really a good thing.

So back to Trace, thank you for your offer to own another Christian online store, but the truth is I'd rather promote, than sell christian gifts.

No comments: