Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Mystery In The Parking Lot

It was a Saturday night in March. Spring fever had bit me hard and so earlier that week I hopped in the car and drove to the coast.

My objective was simply to escape the crowd. I found a vacancy at a rustic cabin nestled away in a mist-shrouded and moss-draped hammock.

Everything had been pretty quiet until that Saturday night. That is when the mystery began.

"It is Heavy-Duty reinforced construction – 14-gauge steel or .125 aluminum," the deep voice said.

"How much combustible liquid will it carry?" another voice queried.

"Don't worry it will do the job. It is pressure tested to 150% of D.O.T. requirements. " a third voice said.

Inside I shuddered as I tried to get a read on what was going on in the parking lot of this hidden resort. What were these three men up to with a transfer tank?

No comments: