Monday, March 26, 2007

Springtime In The Garden

Sequins of light bounced off the nearby reflecting pool as I went through my morning routine in the garden.

After a long winter there was so much to do to restore the grounds and coax new life.

I was grateful to the natural rhythms that already bloomed in the garden... the camelias that began the parade several weeks earlier, that later were followed by the wild azaleas and the dogwoods.

But I still needed to do my part. With little fear of another deep freeze, I plucked my clippers and gardening gloves from the garden shed and stepped into my garden clogs. As I pruned the near dead branches, pokings of bright green life assured me that my plants were indeed still alive and ready to welcome another beautiful spring season in Tallahassee, Florida.

That's when I noticed that my house marker could use a seasonal scrub.

No comments: